INSPIRE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
GDPR: DATA PRIVACY INFORMATION SHEET FOR CLIENTS, CONSULTANTS AND SUPPLIERS
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), effective from 25th May 2018, is an EU privacy law concerned with respecting the rights of individuals when processing their personal information.
Who are we:
Damian Ferguson T/A Inspire Architectural Design is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are:
Inspire Architectural Design
Unit 4, 135 Tempo Rd Business Park
Tel No. 02866329083. Email:email@example.com.
For all data matters and for the purposes of this document the data processor is the Owner, Contact: Damian Ferguson on Tel: 02866329083 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our GDPR document:
How we collect your information:
When you contact us/appoint us in relation to a potential project we will record & store personal data that is relevant to the service that we will provide to you. We may collect basic personal data when you first contact us and then once appointed we may collect additional data in a number of different ways.
The majority of the information we collect we collect directly from you during discussions with you including telephone conversations, meetings or when you make enquiries to us either via the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website or when you email us.
We may decide to collect personal data about you from various other sources, such as those publicly available through Companies House or Credit Check companies etc. We use this information to supplement the personal data we hold about you, in order to improve our service to you.
We usually collect the following personal information:
The personal data that we hold typically may include:
– your first name /surname, maiden name, marital status, date of birth, gender and job title.
– contact information including your address, telephone numbers and email address etc.
– billing address,banking details.
– details of your property and land ownership
– photographs of your lands or property/external and internal
– information that may be relevant to your project such as way-leaves, easements or covenants hidden services which may impact on the design or construction of your project.
– medical information you volunteer when discussing projects and design briefs.
– records of any communications / interactions we have had with you during the project
Please Note: If you do not provide us with your personal data it may restrict our ability to provide you with some of our services.
How we use your personal data:
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes of maintaining contact and communication with you during the course of your project. The way we use your data will be set out at the time of collection typically we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
– Administration of projects, Preparation of appointment documents & Issuing of invoices
– Completion of Planning / Building Control or Other application forms on your behalf
– Contracts Documents such as JCT or other
– Issuing certification associated with administering building contracts.
– Sending details to consultants/suppliers who are evolved in your project
Inspire Architectural Design do not hold personal information for sending out of marketing information.
Automated Decision Making or Tracking Software
We do not use any form of automated decision making or tracking software.
Sharing your information with others:
All data will be treated as strictly confidential we do not sell or share your personal data with other organisations. Personal data collected by us may be shared with third parties directly involved in specific projects where necessary to allow us to fulfil our obligations under our appointment with our clients. Data will be shared only with administrative /finance staff where necessary, and contact details with members of the design team for project contacts.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each project. Typically we retain your data for at least 6-12 years following the completion of our appointment on a project with you which is a legal requirement as required by the terms of our appointment and in accordance with the terms and conditions of our PI Insurance.
The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you want to update Your Choices
You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at any time. For all data matters the data processor is: Damian Ferguson on 02866329083 or email: email@example.com.
Making a Complaint:
Damian Ferguson on Tel: 02866329083 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Information can be found on:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.